These 20 intentional living quotes are here to inspire you on your journey of living life with purpose. There are many working parts to living intentionally, and the path isn’t always straightforward! What matters is that you’re here for a purpose, on purpose. Whether you’ve started to drift from your path or you’re looking for gentle reminders along the way, I’m glad to share these 20 reminders with you!
What Does it Mean to Live Intentionally?
Intentional living is not passive. It’s being mindful of each decision you make day in and day out. It’s taking time to clarify who you are and what matters most so that you can live each moment by those values and standards. While intentional living looks different from person to person, this mindfulness is woven into each fibre of your life. From deciding what you wear and how you eat, to who’s most involved in your life and how you spend your time- it all matters and it all has purpose.
I believe that words hold power, so reading these intentional living quotes is a sure-fire way to stay motivated and mindful!
Intentional Living Quotes on Taking Action
1. “We should never let what we cannot do keep us from doing what we can do. A passive life does not become a meaningful life.” -John C Maxwell | Intentional Living
2. “I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald
3. “Why do so many people do nothing? I think it’s because most of us look at the evils and injustice around us, and we become overwhelmed. The problems look too big for us to tackle. We say to ourselves, ‘What can I do? I’m just one person.’ One person is a start. One person can act and make a change by helping another. One person can inspire a second person to be intentional, and another. Those people can work together. They can become a movement. They can make an impact.” -John C Maxwell
4. The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty. Proverbs 21:5
5. “We should never let what we cannot do keep us from doing what we can do. A passive life does not become a meaningful life.” John C Maxwell
Quotes on Rest
6. “Stop trying to do it all. Do less. Prune away even good activities and do only that which matters most.” – Rick Warren | The purpose Driven Life
7. “Deep down, we all know that if we could stop trying to people-please, stop trying to measure up, stop focusing on our flaws, and stop dwelling on rejection, life would be a lot easier. If we could only focus a little less on ourselves and a little more on God, our shoulders would feel so much lighter.” -Sharon Hodde Miller | Free of Me
8. “Living simpler and softer means being intentional about what we bring into our home, what we consume, what we purchase, and where we purchase from.” -Kaetlyn Anne | Calico and Twine
9. “…the moments that I’ve allowed-or forced- myself to stop, to rest, to breathe, to connect. That’s where life is, I’m finding. That’s where grace is. That’s where delight is.” Shauna Niequist | Present Over Perfect
10. “Saying no to one thing is saying yes to the possibility of another.” – Ellie Roscher
Quotes on Your “Why”
11. “It’s not what you do, but how much love you put into it that matters.” – Mother Theresa
12. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” – Ralph Waldo
13. “When your values are clear to you, making decisions becomes easier.” -Roy E. Disney
14. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:21
Intentional Living Quotes on Being Present
15. “Wherever you are, be all there.” -Jim Elliot
16. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time given us…” ― J.R.R. Tolkien
17. “Great opportunities may come once in a lifetime, but small opportunities surround us everyday. Even through such simple acts as telling the truth, being kind, and encouraging others, bring a smile to God’s face”. -Rick Warren | The Purpose Driven Life
18. I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness — it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude. -Brené Brown
19. Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16
20. I firmly believe that a healthy dose of sunshine, daily movement, time with loved ones, and stress management are all equally important to building a healthy life. I’ve found that living intentionally in every way helps. Intentional use of time, intentional cooking, intentional relationships, intentional movement – it all matters. -Alicia | Cultivating Nurse
Leave a Reply